Midwest Refrigerated Transport
Job Title: Transportation Intern
Employment Status: Part-time 16-20 hours/week, flexible to class schedules. More hours may be available over school breaks.
Organization: Midwest Refrigerated Services (MRS) is a full-service 3PL company providing integrated frozen and refrigerated logistics and distribution services for the food industry. Intern candidates will be exposed to and assigned a variety of duties that are key to providing our shipper partners with temperature controlled less than truckload deliveries to their customers nationwide.
Duties: Initial duties could include, but are not limited to:
- Freight order management and entry
- Making delivery appointments and resolving due date conflicts
- Handling and resolving delivery exceptions and customer inquiries
- Coordinating with trucking operations, carrier operations, and customer service departments to ensure that orders arrive on time at the proper temperature
- Customer service
- Developing and maintaining customer key performance indicator scorecards
- Ensuring that orders are properly rated and billed
- Contributing to and recommending operational process improvements
- Collaborating on routing opportunities to minimize temperature exceptions and cost
- Junior or senior enrolled in Bachelor’s degree program in supply chain, logistics, transportation, marketing, operations management, general business, economics, or similar discipline
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to interact with all levels of personnel both internally and externally
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications
- Access to a car to travel to work site required
- The successful candidate will be a positive, energetic, solutions oriented team player that thrives in a fast paced environment and desires to pursue a career in supply chain management
Our intern’s demonstrated contributions combined with their career goals and MRS’s evolving needs may lead to permanent employment post-graduation. Also accepting December 2017 graduate’s resumes for possible full time employment post-graduation.
No applications or phone calls will be accepted at the facility. We encourage Veterans to apply. Each applicant will be required to pass a drug screen, background check and physical exam.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those applicants who are being considered for an interview, or are currently employed by MRS, will be contacted.
Midwest Refrigerated Services, Inc, is an Equal Opportunity Employer.