Midwest Refrigerated Services, a growing family owned refrigerated trucking, logistics and cold storage Company, is seeking a full-time Staff Accountant in Elkhorn, WI to facilitate and support our growth. We serve customers in the food industry with local and regional refrigerated logistics services.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Assist with Accounts Payable; audits and preparation for entry
- Verify accuracy of Revenue Accounts by reviewing invoices prior to upload into GL
- Upload all Warehouse and Transportation invoices from the Operations system to the Accounting System
- Prepare accounting related entries to the general ledger
- Maintain detailed reconciliations of all balance sheet accounts
- Provide detailed analyses and explanations of transactions
- Prepare Sales & Use Tax filings, 1099’s and other required filings
- Follow our company’s established accounting processes
- Prepare documentation for external auditors
- Other General Accounting and Office duties as assigned
- Ability to create and edit Excel Spreadsheets
- Exceptional organization and analytical skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to meet all assigned deadlines
- Familiarity with accounting software programs
- Willingness to establish and maintain effective working relationships
- 2 year degree or 5 years’ experience in an accounting department
- Minimum of 2+ years’ experience in an accounting department
Compensation and schedule:
- Compensation commensurate with experience
- Occasional travel to other company sites as needed
- We offer a competitive benefit package which includes: health, dental, vision insurance and company paid short-term, long-term disability and basic life insurance. Holiday pay, PTO, vacation and 401k with company match
No applications or phone calls will be accepted at the facility. We encourage Veterans to apply. Each applicant will be required to pass pre-emplolyment testing.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those applicants who are being considered for an interview, or are currently employed by MRS, will be contacted.
Midwest Refrigerated Services, Inc, is an Equal Opportunity Employer.