Website Midwest Refrigerated Transport
The Logistics Coordinator is responsible for various duties that are key to providing our shipper partners with temperature controlled less than truckload deliveries to their customers nationwide.
Initial Duties & Responsibilities, include but not limited to the following:
- Freight order management and entry
- Handling and resolving delivery exceptions and customer inquiries
- Coordinating with trucking operations, carrier operations, and customer service departments to ensure that orders arrive on time at the proper temperature
- Customer service
- Developing and maintaining customer key performance indicator scorecards
- Ensuring that orders are properly rated and billed
- Contributing to and recommending operational process improvements
- Making delivery appointments and resolving due date conflicts
- Collaborating on routing opportunities to minimize temperature exceptions and cost
Experience & Skill Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain, logistics, transportation, marketing, operations management, general business, economics, or similar discipline
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to interact with all levels both internally and externally
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications
- Positive, energetic and solution orientated team player that thrives in a fast paced environment
From this position, a career with MRS can take many directions with increasing responsibility and leadership opportunities in operations, planning, analysis, or an increasing role in developing customer solutions. The successful candidate’s interests and contributions combined with our evolving needs will guide their career path.
We offer competitive salary commensurate with experience and responsibility, and a full benefit package including health, dental, vision, STD, LTD, life insurance, FSA, PTO, vacation and 401K with company match.
No applications or phone calls will be accepted at the facility. We encourage Veterans to apply. Each applicant will be required to pass a drug screen, background check and physical exam.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those applicants who are being considered for an interview, or are currently employed by MRS, will be contacted.
Midwest Refrigerated Services, Inc, is an Equal Opportunity Employer.