Midwest Refrigerated Transport
Midwest Refrigerated Services, a growing family owned refrigerated trucking company and logistics operation, with office in Wisconsin, is seeking a Freight Broker/Logistics Coordinator to facilitate and support our growth. We serve customers in the food industry with local, regional and 48 state LTL and truckload refrigerated logistics services.
Our food industry freight consolidation and warehouse customers have additional transportation needs and the freight broker / logistics coordinator is responsible for sourcing and negotiating costs with the matching transportation capacity to meet them profitability. If you are profit and service driven and seek to leverage your refrigerated / dry food grade carrier contacts and sourcing experience with our steady and plentiful freight availability, this opportunity is for you.
- Recruit and retain qualified and safe core carriers to service business segments
- Negotiate rates with carriers
- Manage all phases of the load from tender through delivery and completion
- Source carriers for open load tenders
- Secure all required contracts and information for carrier set-up
- Assess business opportunities presented for profitability and strategic fit
- Minimum 3 years transportation brokerage experience
- Strong verbal communication skills, with the ability to effectively communicate and relate with both external and internal customers
- Strong computer skills. Experience utilizing industry internet load boards
- Team player with strong organizational and problem solving skills. Able to multi-task in a fast paced environment with minimal supervision
- Knowledge of qualified motor carrier contacts
- College degree preferred but welcome all applicants with strong demonstrated industry experience
- Compensation & Benefits:
- Compensation commensurate with experience. We offer a competitive benefit package which includes health, dental, vision insurance and company paid short-term, long-term disability and basic life insurance. Holiday pay, PTO, vacation and 401K with a company match.
Location: Milwaukee, WI
No applications or phone calls will be accepted at the facility. We encourage Veterans to apply. Each applicant will be required to pass a drug screen, background check and physical exam.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those applicants who are being considered for an interview, or are currently employed by MRS, will be contacted.
Midwest Refrigerated Services, Inc, is an Equal Opportunity Employer.